Sunday, January 20, 2013

OPI The Color to Watch

I've got an older OPI color for you today.  This is The Color to Watch.  It is from the Swiss Collection from 2010.  I actually have a few colors from this collection.  I picked this up right before Christmas.  Purple is my favorite polish color, and this one is a little bit unique.


 
 This polish is a bit of an enigma, it looks like it might be a duochrome, but it doesn't really shift.  It is shimmery, frosty, and pearly all at the same time.  The base is purple but is has microglitter particles of blue, silver, and pink/red.  Even with all the shimmer, I didn't have any issues with brush strokes.


This polish is pretty sheer, you'd think it would be opaque from the look of the bottle again its deceiving.  You are looking at atleast 3 coats for full coverage, but I recommend atleast 4, maybe even 5.  Other than being sheer, the formula applied nicely.  Dry time was pretty quick so it wasn't too bad to do so many coats.  Definitely have your quick try top coat handy.  I find that adding oil after the quick dry top coat is dry really helps speed things up too.  Wait about 5 minutes then add cuticle oil, its good for your cuticles and it helps dry the polish (keeps it from smudging too).

 
I purchased this with my own money and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.