Monday, October 1, 2012

Quick Fix for Chipped Nail

I frequently read Allure's online magazine, and I get their emails which contain trends, tips, and tricks.  I recently read an article about how to fix a manicure.  Check out the article here.

As a working mom, I'm always getting chips after a day or two.  After I work all day on a computer, I've got soccer, T-ball, swim lessons, dishes, laundry, and the to-do list goes on and on.  The article had several tips and tricks to quickly fix your manicure without removing all of your polish.  I'm all for that since I don't always have time to redo my nails every day or even every other day.  Chips bug me so much that I'd rather have naked nails than chipped ones.

I painted my nails on a Tuesday, and then had to take the kids to swim lessons later that day.  Of course I chipped a nail.  I tried what I read in this article and it really worked.  I put a little drop of polish on the chip and let it dry for a minute.  Then I dipped my index finger on my other hand in remover and patted the drop of polish until it was smooth.  I covered it up with top coat and you would never know I had a chip this morning.  Time to fix the chipped nail - about a 2 minutes!

My chip wasn't that big, so I'm not sure how this would work on a larger one.  I would highly recommend trying this if you don't have time to redo a whole nail or your whole manicure.  I'll definelty try this the next time I get a chip and don't have alot of time.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.