Monday, October 1, 2012

A Grey Polish for a Grey Day

It was raining when I started writing this post, and thought Elephant Walk was fitting.  It has been gloomy for the last few days, so I thought I would go with grey polish to fit my mood and the weather.  I am loving the grey polish trend for fall right now.

 
Elephant Walk is from China Glaze's Fall 2012 On Safari Collection.  It is a graphite grey with a suble shimmer.  The shimmer really adds something so it is not just a boring grey creme.  The shimmer is barely there though.  It isn't frosty, so there are no brush marks which is a plus.  The color is unique because it shifts from light to dark grey depending on the lighing in the room, and occasionally it looks teal or green.  When it is grey, it does remind me of the color of an elephant.

Shimmer Shot
The formula is good, creamy and easy to apply.  I did 2 coats and got full coverage, almost no clean up too.  Dry time was pretty good as well.  The finish isn't glossy, but it isn't matte either.  I used Diamond Dry Top Coat to keep the non-glossy effect going.



I purchased Elephant Walk with my own money and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.