Monday, August 20, 2012

China Glaze Rare and Radiant

Today I have China Glaze's Rare and Radiant from the Bohemian Collection.  I was super exited for this collection and was patiently awaiting it to show up at my local Sally Beauty Supply.  I did some retail therapy this past weekend and picked up all 6 colors.  I read many reviews and looked at alot of swatches before decided to purchase this collection.  I know alot of people weren't blown away by this collection, but I don't have many duochrome or chromes in my collections.  China Glaze dubs this collection Luster Chromes, which I think is appropriate because some colors look more duochrome in the bottle than they do on the nail.  I really like the colors.

Rare and Radiant is apparently a dupe of OPI's Just Spotted the Lizard and Chanel's Peridot.  I don't have the OPI or the Chanel so I can't compare them.  I keep trying to get my hands on the OPI version, as it is a lemming of mine, but it is very popular and always sold out.  It is a gold base that shifts to green and bronze.  I did 2 coats for full coverage, and used China Glaze base and top coats.  The formula was great, went on easily with no issues.  I did have a few brush strokes with only 2 coats, I did 3 coats with the other colors I used so far and the brush strokes weren't as evident.  I would recommend 3 coats with this collection if the brush strokes bother you, dry time is relatively fast with these so 3 coats shouldn't be a problem.  I need to get some better pictures.



I've got Unpredicatble, also from this collection, on my toes and it's a beautiful aqua/green with a gold shift.  I did need 3 coats for full color coverage with this one, but there were no visibile brush strokes.  I'll spare you pics of my feet.

As for longevity, I wore No Plain Jane over the weekend, which purple with a hint of orange shift.  We are finishing our basement some damage was done by one of the contractors, so we spent the weekend cleaning up the mess.  Which is why I didn't get pictures, but I'll be using it again.  I had 1 chip after 3 days of my nails being in and out of water and drywall dust, and that was on a nail that was badly damaged and weak before it was polished.  I blame the nail not the polish.  My other nails still looked beautiful, I could have just redone that nail and kept the mani on for a few more days, but I wanted to try my other colors.

I purchased this collection with my own money and the opinions are my own.  The Bohemian Collection can be found at Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply and various other beauty supply retailer/etailers.  It is a Limited Edition Collection that was released in August 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.