Thursday, June 14, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Footloose

I'm excited to bring you Deborah Lippmann's Footloose today!  I never thought I'd own any of her lovely polishes, but now I have 4 and 2 on the way to me.  Her polishes are expensive, but from what I hear they are worth the expense.  My cut off for cost of a polish is around $5.  I'll spend as much as $10, but I have to really want it and I'll find a coupon, sale, or wait for a while before I buy it before I spend that much on one too.  I have to really love it to spend more than drugstore prices on nail polish.  I love OPI, Essie, China Glaze, and Zoya as much as anyone who loves nail polish, but I have to find a good deal.  I now add Deborah Lippmann to my wishlist as the polish is amazing and beautiful, but I'll wait for it to go on sale.

I got a wonderful deal on these from HSN.com.  They had several 2 packs of DL polishes on clearance for 9.95 + shipping.  I believe the Footloose and Almost Paradise combo was still available at the time of this post.   So far I've picked up 3 clearance duos for this price.  Considering DL's cost $16-20 a bottle this is a steal.

Footloose is a bright tomato red polish with orange tones.  In the bottle it looks like it would be a creme, but it is more like a jelly when applied.  I used 2 coats and still had visible nail line.  I saw some other bloggers use this polish with 3 coats and they still had VNL so I stopped at 2.  I plan to put something sparkly over it anyway.

Deborah Lippmann are free of formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalates and contain biotin and green tea, along with Aucoumea Klaineana extract (a botanical resin from West African trees).  Application is amazing, not sure if it is the formula, the brush or the combination of both.  I barely had to do any cleanup.

I used Seche Clear and Seche Vite as base and top coats.  I'm trying out different base and top coat combos to see which ones work best.  So far Seche Clear is a decent base coat, no issues there.  I find that I get shrinkage with Seche Vite on a lot of my polishes, but it does dry really fast and doesn't chip as badly as some of drugstore topcoats.  I got it on sale at Sally Beauty but I don't think I'll buy it again.  I'm not a fan of the smell and I don't like the shrinkage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.